ZGravy ChaseLive Main Street Run/Walk CANCELLED
Neighborhood walk/runs to continue Thanksgiving weekend
Zionsville, Ind.—Nov. 18, 2020— Citing the increase in COVID-19 cases and staffing concerns among our public safety departments, ZGravy Chase on Thanksgiving Day will be available in a walk-where-you-live format only. The Town of Zionsville has cancelled the Main Street walk/run.
All walkers/runners who signed up to participate on Main Street will be moved to a neighborhood walk/run format. All participants can log their time using the RaceJoy app. Currently there are nine neighborhoods with Ambassadors leading teams. The virutal walk-where-you-live registration will remain open through Thanksgiving Day.
“The organizing committee and staff are disappointed in the Town’s decision to cancel the Main Street portion of the fundraising event. ZGravy Chase is the biggest fundraiser of the year, so in an already tough year, this decision significantly impacts the Clubs’ operations budget. We trust the community will continue to support us by walking/running Thanksgiving Day and continuing to sign up to walk in neighborhoods,” says Rob Schien, BGC Boone County Board president.
ZGravy Chase participant details:
- Race weekend for walkers/runners is from Thursday, Nov. 26 (Thanksgiving Day) to Sunday, Nov. 29. RaceJoy will be open for participants to add their time.
- Registration to walk/run where you live is online at zgravychase.org.
- Cost to run/walk is $30 per person with proceeds benefiting the Boys & Girls Club of Boone County.
- Tee-shirts will be available for pick up at the BGC Boone County Zionsville Unit located at 1575 Mulberry Street on Wednesday Nov. 25 from noon to 6 p.m.
- Runners/walkers who have registered to be on Main Street Thanksgiving morning will be moved to the walk-where-you-live format. As a reminder, the registration waiver states refunds will not be given if the race moves to virtual.
- To join a team or create a team use the Neighborhood Ambassador link on the registration website.